Linux Kernel Network Subsystem Patching

Aruna Hewapathirane aruna.hewapathirane-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Sun Jan 12 03:54:19 UTC 2014

> I now have a 4-core i5 from Dell.  Building a kernel is a snap.  But
> building gcc or glibc or Firefox when they update can take an hour or
> so.  Extrapolate that to your single-core machine... you do not want any
> source-based distro that requires you to do builds of *ALL* your apps.

I know... I know... what can I do :( can't afford to upgrade have to cover
rent and put food on the table and I wish I had your system ( some day huh
? :)

> Maybe you could look at Debian, on which Ubuntu is based.  You have to
> do more grunt work, but if you're building kernels, I think you won't
> have a problem.

I am trying to find the distro that best uses my hardware resources without
overloading my single core cpu so yes will definitely
have a look at Debian but I still feel best thing would be to get the
mainline stable kernel or pull straight from Linus then build and use a
lightweight DE like ICEWM or Awesome ?

> --
> Walter Dnes <waltdnes-SLHPyeZ9y/tg9hUCZPvPmw at public.gmane.org>
> I don't run "desktop environments"; I run useful applications

*Aruna Hewapathirane*
Consultant/Trainer
Phone : 647-709-9269
Website: <http://goog_1768911931>Open Source