Calendar app -- which one?

William Park opengeometry-FFYn/CNdgSA at public.gmane.org
Wed Jan 8 00:16:08 UTC 2014

On Tue, Jan 07, 2014 at 05:53:11PM -0500, Todd Howe wrote:
> I notice no one has brought up Evolution yet, which may be more than
> you want (also a mail client and you can in future sync it with
> syncevolution if you change your mind on that requirement) but it
> works great and integrates into various Gnome family distros, possibly
> others too - it will pop up Desktop reminders if desired. Like a
> drop-in Outlook clone.
>
> -- Todd Howe
> - GPG id E8BCABA7

I looked into 8 different distros.  With Evolution, I had to set up
account and then "turn it off" to avoid conflict with Fetchmail/Mutt
setup.  Same for Thunderbird.  Both are copy of MS Outlook, in my
opinion, and turns me off for some reason.  I think it's more to do with
presentation and use case.

I've settled on KOrganizer.  Even KOrganizer is not better than paper
calendar and postit stickers, just different.  The recurring meeting is
a nice feature, but too many of those, your calendar looks crowded and
loses effectiveness.
--
William