Calendar app -- which one?

Aruna Hewapathirane aruna.hewapathirane-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Mon Jan 6 19:07:46 UTC 2014

Have a look at OSMO <http://clayo.org/osmo/>. It is more than just a
calendar -it is a personal organizer. It is written in C and depends on
GTK+ and LibXML2 so you can easily add in functionality or modify and
customise to suit.

You can organize your calendars, tasks, contacts, and notes. The calendar
tool offers features like: Day notes with text attributes, date calculator,
full year calendar, compact mode, iCal support, integration with Tasks and
Contact modules.

OSMO does not sync with other computers or other calendars. This is a local
calendar only.

On Mon, Jan 6, 2014 at 1:45 PM, Mel Wilson <mwilson-Ja3L+HSX0kI at public.gmane.org> wrote:

> On Mon, 2014-01-06 at 13:07 -0500, Chris F.A. Johnson wrote:
> > On Mon, 6 Jan 2014, William Park wrote:
> [ ... ]
> > > Question:
> > >    Which calendar app are you guys using on your computer?
> >
> > $ man calendar
> > CALENDAR(1)               BSD General Commands Manual
>  CALENDAR(1)
> >
> > NAME
> >       calendar -- reminder service
> >
> > SYNOPSIS
> >       calendar [-ab] [-A num] [-B num] [-l num] [-w num] [-f
> calendarfile] [-t
> >                [[[cc]yy]mm]dd]
> >
> > DESCRIPTION
> >       The calendar utility checks the current directory or the directory
> speci-
> >       fied by the CALENDAR_DIR environment variable for a file named
> calendar
> >       and displays lines that begin with either today's date or
> tomorrow's.  On
> >       Fridays, events on Friday through Monday are displayed.
>
> That's cute.  I've stumbled across pcal to make nice printable 1-month
> calendars.  Not sure about compatibility between the more complicated
> lines in the calendar file.
>
>         Mel.

*Aruna Hewapathirane*
Consultant/Trainer