open source pedometers

Richard Weait richard-gNTHUr35LhcAvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Sat Feb 22 18:55:48 UTC 2014

On Sat, Feb 22, 2014 at 1:33 PM, Marc Lijour <marclijour-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org> wrote:
> A device like that won Angel hack Toronto last May. Hardware with open APIs.
>
> On Feb 22, 2014 12:11 PM, "Richard Weait" <richard-gNTHUr35LhcAvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org> wrote:
>>
>> The FitBit pedometers, are the market leader and famously closed
>> source.

Yup, and others that I've met at local events.  So far, only
vapourware, as far as I can see.

There is a linux driver, of sorts for fitbit (libfitbit, iirc) that
will permit syncing.  If I had the coding chops, I'd modify that code
to get it to save a local copy of the data.  Then, under user control,
decide to share that data with fitbit or not.