Linux Desktop on Android Device?

Lennart Sorensen lsorense-1wCw9BSqJbv44Nm34jS7GywD8/FfD2ys at public.gmane.org
Wed Feb 12 20:16:16 UTC 2014

On Wed, Feb 12, 2014 at 01:38:33PM -0500, William Muriithi wrote:
> And I think we don't have an open source video driver yet. Or can nvidia
> blobs work on phone? Unlikely I would say.

No, the drivers nvidia releases for the PC are for PC graphics cards.
The graphics in the tegra is not part of that, and also you need an arm
version not x86 version of the driver.

> What about baseband? I think as long as we depend on closed source blobs,
> its not worth it. Would be too fragile and easy to break during updates.

If you want it to actually work as a phone, then I think i would leave
Android on there.  That's going to be a lot of work.

> Hopefully some day, nouveau will be good enough to not bother with blobs.
> At that time, I may tinker with mine too.

I don't know if nouveau is even considering the tegra line at this time.

--
Len Sorensen