Logitech K400, Wireless Keyboard/Trackpad all-in-one recommenation and tips.

scott-lxSQFCZeNF4 at public.gmane.org scott-lxSQFCZeNF4 at public.gmane.org
Tue Feb 11 17:20:57 UTC 2014

I've been using this keyboard/track pad all in one for well over a year
now. It's got a good feel, has been durable when I transport it around.
I'm also still on the same pair of batteries it shipped with! The dongle
is simple plug and play, and it's great at home or in the data center.
Great with Raspberry Pi or BeagleBone since it only takes up one of the
two USB ports, often eliminating the need for a USB hub.

http://www.logitech.com/en-ca/product/wireless-touch-keyboard-k400r

The only thing I've ever found lacking about it was the lack of a middle
click. I realized today it's easily resolvable in Xorg with good old 3
button emulation. This is where you press both the left and right mouse
buttons simultaneously to generate the missing middle button.

Add somewhere in your xorg.conf's "InputDevice"* section for your mouse.

 Option         "Emulate3Buttons" "yes"

* Consult your distro's xorg documentation as many have adopted modern
practices with xorg.conf.d directories and running defaults without an
xorg.conf.

I bought my first few (two for home, one for the office and another for
the boyfriends HTPC) over the course of a few months when they were
regularly on sale for around ~$35. Now, having just bought another for my
new office it's back up around $55, except from Tiger Direct which has the
white one for $41, but shipping might eat that difference.

http://www.canadacomputers.com/product_info.php?cPath=580&item_id=043253
http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16823126264
http://www.tigerdirect.ca/applications/SearchTools/search.asp?keywords=Logitech+k400

--