[TLUG-ANNOUNCE]: GTALUG Meeting and Notices

Scott Sullivan scott-lxSQFCZeNF4 at public.gmane.org
Sat Feb 8 00:56:46 UTC 2014

On 02/07/2014 04:21 PM, phiscock-g851W1bGYuGnS0EtXVNi6w at public.gmane.org wrote:
> Thanks, folks. I'm particularly pleased to see this:
>
> Heckling of the speakers cannot be tolerated. Questions and comments to
> the speaker should only be asked when the speaker has opened the floor to
> the audience.

 From Google search:

heck·le
ˈhekəl/
verb
     1. interrupt (a public speaker) with derisive or aggressive
comments or abuse.

Now. The correct definition in mind, we have _not_, to the best of my
knowledge, had a heckling issue at a GTALUG meeting.

That Said!

We do have a couple of wilful folks that like to voice their opinions in
_relation_ to the subject. This can be overwhelming for many speakers
and has in the past lead to significant tangents. I do a agree that we
need to be more mindful of this tendency and moderate appropriately in
concern with the sprite of our code of conduct.

--
Scott Sullivan
With "GTALUG Talks Coordinator" hat on.