OT: Where can I get ASUS MemoPad 7 flashed to Cyanogenmod?

Christopher Browne cbbrowne-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Sun Aug 31 13:32:39 UTC 2014

I see some links to sorta one-off hacks to run other firmware distributions
on the MemoPad HD 7...

http://www.transformerforums.com/forum/asus-memo-pad-hd-7-roms/44244-roms-list-known-roms-asus-memo-pad-hd-7-a.html

There is a CyanogenMod 10.1 port...
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2689789

A browse around at the options shows that there's a fair bit of "assembly
required" and that not all the hardware works with the various Android
ports.  (Notably, they often don't support the cameras.)  There are
comments about it being a difficult port due to something called "MTK";
seems to be the MediaTek MTK 8125 chipset, a quad-core ARM SOC.

The usual challenge with these devices comes in getting enough data about
the hardware to be able to get everything working.  Sounds like MediaTek
are stingy about data about their chipset, which makes it mighty difficult
to get things working.  That's *the* classic problem with Android-based
devices.