Toshiba Laptop Overheating

Russell Reiter rreiter91-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Mon Aug 11 21:57:22 UTC 2014

Hi Peter, I'll take them off your hands, with thanks. I had posted a
few months ago that I was troubleshooting an MP bios bug in a Toshiba
Satellite which caused the laptop to switch the AC to battery on any
kernel or udev event which created a node on loopback.

Even re-compiling the DSDT tables didn't solve the problem. Although I
was close to a solution, I returned the computer to the person who
just wished to be able to connect wireless at the library for an hour,
about the length the battery currently lasts.

So if you are scrapping these laptops, my curiosity about battery and
heating problems is peaked. I've revamped a couple of laptops. One of
which I couldn't even install Linux on unless it was sitting on a bag
of frozen peas. It lasted a couple of years on a cooling base before
it toasted itself.

If you are close to down-town I can arrange to pick them up in the
next couple of days, if you are further out, I would need some time to
arrange to come and get them.

Regards
Russell