More ram or an SSD

Digimer lists-5ZoueyuiTZiw5LPnMra/2Q at public.gmane.org
Tue Aug 5 13:00:15 UTC 2014

On 05/08/14 08:38 AM, Dave Cramer wrote:
> I have an iMac running 16G. I can buy 32G of ram for around 450, or and
> SSD.
>
> which way to go ? Note the SSD would run as a second drive
>
> Dave Cramer

Depends entirely on your workload. If you're running out of RAM and
hitting swap, then RAM is the way to go. If you're not running out of
RAM, all the RAM in the world won't make a difference.

As for the SSD; If you find yourself waiting for disk access, then an
SSD will probably be better. However, it can only accelerate apps/data
saved on it, so I am not sure how much value it would be as a secondary
drive.

--
Digimer
access to education?