Mailman Help

CLIFFORD ILKAY clifford_ilkay-biY6FKoJMRdBDgjK7y7TUQ at public.gmane.org
Mon Aug 4 17:51:55 UTC 2014

Resending because original sent on Aug. 2/14 @ 1759 didn't make it through.

On 08/01/2014 09:32 PM, Myles Braithwaite wrote:
> Does anyone know how to setup mailman so that when someone subscribes
> to a discussion list they will also be subscribed to an announce list?
>
> Also does anyone have any strong feels on why a mailing list shouldn't
> have this feature?

There is no automatic way to do what you want. However, there are
various ways that I can think of that can accomplish what you want. One
way that came immediately to mind is to have a cron job that dumps the
discussion list membership periodically that is then imported into the
announce list. I doubt there is a requirement that this be done more
frequently than once a day. Rather than have to check what has changed
since the last import to the announce list, I'd remove all the members
of the announce list and then add all the members coming from the
discussion list. I've scripted most of this before so let me know if you
need help.

--
Regards,

Clifford Ilkay