Fwd: The open source ready Linksys WRT1900AC wireless router is here! FREE Shipping for a limited time only.

James Knott james.knott-bJEeYj9oJeDQT0dZR+AlfA at public.gmane.org
Mon Apr 14 12:13:16 UTC 2014

Scott Allen wrote:
> On 13 April 2014 17:47, James Knott <james.knott-bJEeYj9oJeDQT0dZR+AlfA at public.gmane.org> wrote:
>> This is the first router I've ever seen
>> that's designed for people who work with Linux, though I know some
>> models are easy enough to configure for it.
> The WRT54GL was designed for Linux support. That's what the "L" in the
> name stands for.
> <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Linksys_WRT54G_series#WRT54GL>

I'm aware of that and I even have one.  It was the way this one was
promoted as being targeted for people to modify etc. that caught my
eye.  While the WRT52GL and others could be modified, that wasn't the
main selling point of them.  It would be like Ford or GM claiming how
easy it is to modify their vehicles.