Is FTPsync my Best Solution

Giles Orr gilesorr-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Mon Sep 30 18:54:05 UTC 2013

I'd like to second the vote for rsync over ssh - particularly since you're
already familiar with rsync.  I've maintained a locally developed, remotely
hosted website by rsync over ssh for more than a decade.  Install keys,
write a small script that syncs the appropriate folders, and you have a
solution that uses minimal bandwidth and keeps exact mirrored copies by
typing a short command whenever you make a change.  It's great.

On 30 September 2013 12:23, Mauro Souza <thoriumbr-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org> wrote:

> I guess "not Ubuntu supported" means you cannot simply "apt-get install
> ftpsync" it. And last time I checked (5 seconds ago) it was offline at
> savannah.gnu.org.
> I always used rsync over ssh to sync my folders. I do some webdesign on my
> part-time, and have some ten thousand files to sync here and there. And
> rsync always worked. I even created a script that I run (client-sync) every
> time I change something, and it takes care of connecting to the right
> server, and sync the right dir.
>
> Mauro
> http://mauro.limeiratem.com - registered Linux User: 294521
> Scripture is both history, and a love letter from God.
>

> 2013/9/28 Neil Watson <tlug-neil-8agRmHhQ+n2CxnSzwYWP7Q at public.gmane.org>
>
>> What does not Ubuntu supported mean?  File transfers typically use SSH
>> or FTP, and sometimes WebDAV.  Which ones does your provider support?
>> --
>> Neil Watson
>> Linux/UNIX Consultant
>> http://watson-wilson.ca