Interested in ereaders

Neil Watson tlug-neil-8agRmHhQ+n2CxnSzwYWP7Q at public.gmane.org
Mon Sep 23 17:07:59 UTC 2013

On Mon, Sep 23, 2013 at 01:00:12PM -0400, Christopher Browne wrote:
>I have never installed a book to my Kobo using the vendor-provided
>software; I have been quite happy with Calibre as software to manage
>the "library" of books on the device.

I use Calibre. I loaded Gutenberg content using it, and what I bought
from O'Reilly. O'Reilly has the least draconian ebooks I've encountered.
To borrow from the Markham public library one must use the Adobe
software. The library is main source of pleasure reading. I'm sticking
with paper books.

--
Neil Watson
Linux/UNIX Consultant