Interested in ereaders

Molly Tournquist mollytournquist-ifvz4xmYPRU at public.gmane.org
Mon Sep 23 04:18:43 UTC 2013

With that general type of niche, rockbox running on an ereader's stock OS would also fall into the category.

Maybe there's a bit of a question of quantity of code versus something highly optimized for a particular platform and function, particularly in terms of interface?

One potential use for a hacked ereader would be any apps needed to be used at night / in the dark. though this would require it to be fitted/refitted with a red frontlight.

The potential suitable extra uses for an ereader could vary based on which of the afforementioned types it was, compact 5" or large "HD", like the specialty version of the Aura.

For open hardware of that type, would one with an expansion card slot seem like a worthwhile early step?