Interested in ereaders

Scott Elcomb psema4-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Sat Sep 21 00:14:30 UTC 2013

On Fri, Sep 20, 2013 at 5:16 PM, Molly Tournquist
<mollytournquist-ifvz4xmYPRU at public.gmane.org> wrote:
> [...]

Hmm, according to Wikipedia Rockbox is based on µClinux. That's pretty close :-)

The idea was simply to have an open & extensible platform to reuse
available software (speech synthesis, voice recognition, etc) instead
of recreating wheels. (I'm glad to see that Rockbox has a
voice-capable UI.)

Interestingly the article also mentions: "Daniel Stenberg, a founder
of the Rockbox project, envisions the project evolving away from a
standalone Rockbox operating system to Rockbox as a media player
application that runs under mobile operating systems, such as Android,
iOS, Sailfish OS or Tizen"...

<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rockbox#Future>

--
  Scott Elcomb