Interested in ereaders

James Knott james.knott-bJEeYj9oJeDQT0dZR+AlfA at public.gmane.org
Thu Sep 19 17:23:55 UTC 2013

Christopher Browne wrote:
> There are enough tradeoffs to be found here as to make it pretty tempting
> to get different gadgets for different purposes.
>
> Personally, I prefer a devoted music player, as it has a much nicer amplifier
> chipset than they'd think to put into a [tablet/phone].

I listen to music on my phone, if my tablet's not available, otherwise I
usually use my tablet.  However, if I'm out on my balcony, reading the
newspaper etc., I'll listen to music on my phone, with it set to
Airplane mode.  Calls to my cell phone will then be automagically
transferred to my home phone.  As I mentioned, I've pretty much stopped
using my Kobo since getting  a tablet.