Upverter + a free drink

Scott Sullivan scott-lxSQFCZeNF4 at public.gmane.org
Wed Sep 18 21:23:38 UTC 2013

On 09/18/2013 04:08 PM, Giles Orr wrote:
> A co-worker sent this along:
>
> "Toronto Hardware Drinkup,"
> http://blog.upverter.com/toronto-hardware-drinkup
>
> As I read it, Upverter is trying to be the sourceforge or github of open
> hardware.  Sounds interesting enough to let them talk at me and give me
> a free drink.  Anyone had any dealings with Upverter?
>
> 136 McCaul September 26th from 7PM

Their a little more then that, their main offering is the online board
design software. (Think Office360 of PCB CAD).

I've not looked at them personally, but they have visited Hacklab on a
few occasions. From second hand information, the folks that do PCB
design at Hacklab largely use EagleCAD and upverter has not yet been
compelling enough for those existing users to switch.

--
Scott Sullivan