off-topic: FTTH in Toronto

James Knott james.knott-bJEeYj9oJeDQT0dZR+AlfA at public.gmane.org
Tue Sep 10 15:24:28 UTC 2013

Anthony Verevkin wrote:
> Right. But that's not the case with Rogers. Rogers has built their whole
> cable network with no subsidies, but they now have to share their cable
> with others the same way Bell does. So there must be something else to it.

Don't forget, when they "share" their system, they're paid for it.  Same
with the cell network.  Bell was complaining that Verizon would ride for
free on the existing networks, while ignoring the fact that any company
roaming on another has to pay to do so.  Wind customers roamed on Rogers
and paid extra when they did so.  Bell also complained about possbile
job loss, yet have for years sent jobs out of the country.  My heart
bleeds for them.  ;-)