MythTV hardware list

Lennart Sorensen lsorense-1wCw9BSqJbv44Nm34jS7GywD8/FfD2ys at public.gmane.org
Mon Sep 9 13:53:49 UTC 2013

On Sat, Sep 07, 2013 at 09:24:22PM -0400, D. Hugh Redelmeier wrote:
> By bad, I mean: require MythTV to be downstream of a set-top box and
> even then Myth has trouble changing channels.

I use a rogers 4250HD cable box with a an HD-PVR USB encoder connected
via component video, with a firewire link to the 4250HD for channel
changing and power control.  This works quite well and rarely has issues.
Not cheap given you are looking at close to $500 in hardware per input
for recording.  On the other hand you get to record full HD from the
digital signal (although using an analog connection for the video.  Audio
can be either analog stereo, or spdif digital (including suround sound)).

--
Len Sorensen