Iceweasel/Firefox segmentation fault

Daniel Wayne Armstrong daniel-HRJVlgn2G/y5aS82P/H3Zg at public.gmane.org
Sun Sep 8 16:24:36 UTC 2013

Thanks very much for the replies. When I visit my father's place again
I will try out some of the suggestions on his machine.

On my own laptop I am running Iceweasel 23.0.1 on 64-bit Debian Sid
and I am unable to reproduce the problem.

On Sun, Sep 8, 2013 at 9:59 AM, Jamon Camisso <jamon.camisso-H217xnMUJC0sA/PxXw9srA at public.gmane.org> wrote:
> On 07/09/13 09:33 PM, Daniel Wayne Armstrong wrote:
>> ATTENTION: default value of option force_s3tc_enable overridden by environment.
>> ###!!! ABORT: X_GLXDestroyPixmap: GLXBadPixmap; 3 requests ago: file
>> /tmp/buildd/iceweasel-23.0/toolkit/xre/nsX11ErrorHandler.cpp, line 157
>> ###!!! ABORT: X_GLXDestroyPixmap: GLXBadPixmap; 3 requests ago: file
>> /tmp/buildd/iceweasel-23.0/toolkit/xre/nsX11ErrorHandler.cpp, line 157
>> Segmentation fault
>
> Oh also, try launching iceweasel from the command line like this:
>
> export force_s3tc_enable=false; iceweasel
>
> That first message notes that something is forcing the value to true, if
> you toggle it to false, what happens?
>
> Jamon

(o<  .: http://www.circuidipity.com per curiositas ad astra
(/)_