encrypting/signing html emails

Ben Walton bdwalton-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Sat Sep 7 14:12:01 UTC 2013

On Sat, Sep 7, 2013 at 3:01 PM, Matt Price <moptop99-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org> wrote:
> Hi Everyone,
>
> I'm thinking about taking another stab at using GPG/Enigmail to sign
> my outgoing messages.  I'm hoping that enough of my friends & contacts
> are worried about spying, that some of them might actually be inspired
> to create their own keys this time...

I'd like to think so but I'm still doubtful. Please prove me wrong
though. I'd love that!

> The only issue is that I now frequently send HTML email.  Has anyone
> had success signing outgoing HTML mail? When I try to do it with
> enigmail/thunderbird,the html just gets converted to plaintext.  It's
> posible I'm missing some kind of option, but my impression is that
> this is a limitation of enigmail; in any case, I'm hoping someone
> outthere has a solution.

I've used gpg in many scenarios but never with thunderbird in any way.
If enigmail doesn't properly html mime email, it's entirely defective
imo.

This page makes me think it's possible though:
http://superuser.com/questions/282016/html-or-rich-e-mails-do-not-work-with-enigmal-in-thunderbird

Thanks
-Ben
Take the risk of thinking for yourself.  Much more happiness,
truth, beauty and wisdom will come to you that way.

-Christopher Hitchens