A keystroke away from Doom.

Scott Sullivan scott-lxSQFCZeNF4 at public.gmane.org
Fri Oct 18 19:09:02 UTC 2013

On 10/18/2013 02:57 PM, Giles Orr wrote:
> On 18 October 2013 13:32, Scott Sullivan <scott-lxSQFCZeNF4 at public.gmane.org
> <mailto:scott-lxSQFCZeNF4 at public.gmane.org>> wrote:
>  > Small things like this can make or break your day, and stresses that
> 'RAID' is not a back-up, and the importance of having back-ups! Most of
> you know this, but for those have forgotten or are new, just remember
> your a keystroke away from doom.
[...]
>  >
>  > P.S. Dvorak users, you can stop laughing now.
>
> Eh - using Dvorak just means that we have a totally different set of
> weird typos to beware of.  I'm not laughing at you because of that - I'm
> laughing at you because you don't have backups.  (Seriously - you gotta
> do something about that.)

I never said I didn't have back-ups.
I was simply expressing the sober reminder of their value.

And actually looking at the back-up, I'm not going to re-install it. The
single job had long been commented out after twitter obsoleted their
older API and required authentication.

--
Scott Sullivan