A keystroke away from Doom.

Scott Sullivan scott-lxSQFCZeNF4 at public.gmane.org
Fri Oct 18 17:32:34 UTC 2013

So, I just discovered crontab -r.

While working on a new cron job, I wanted to check what I had done for
my personal user account on my personal server. I login, type crontab
-e, or so I had though until I didn't get the editor. On a standard
Qwerty Keyboard, the 'e' and the 'r' are right next to each other. '-e'
edit, '-r' deletes  the users crontab, and of course I typo'd it.

Small things like this can make or break your day, and stresses that
'RAID' is not a back-up, and the importance of having back-ups! Most of
you know this, but for those have forgotten or are new, just remember
your a keystroke away from doom.

------

I want to thank Hugh for his inspiring 'War Story' posts. It was those
that made me think to post this little Gem. What are your worst
keystroke stories?

P.S. Dvorak users, you can stop laughing now.
--
Scott Sullivna