Zero access Rootkit

Aruna Hewapathirane aruna.hewapathirane-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Tue Nov 26 19:06:18 UTC 2013

Sir, we were a 24/7 production environment back in sri lanka in the BOI
with a Belgian company that brought in rough uncut diamonds and we cut and
polished then sent them back. The back-ups were taken meticulously and
TESTED each day right after but I feel maybe the level of mositure present
in the atmosphere and the dust and all other forms of fungus and bacteria
in a tropical country may have over time contributed to the read errors.
But yes you are right a back up should always be tested and maybe not just
the once but at regular periodic intervals like I do now :-)

On Tue, Nov 26, 2013 at 2:01 PM, Neil Watson <tlug-neil-8agRmHhQ+n2CxnSzwYWP7Q at public.gmane.org>wrote:

> The moral I took from that story is that there is nothing more worthless
> than and untested backup.
>

> --
> Neil Watson
> Linux/UNIX Consultant