resizing a ext3 partition

Robert Brockway robert-5LEc/6Zm6xCUd8a0hrldnti2O/JbrIOy at public.gmane.org
Thu Nov 21 23:12:47 UTC 2013

On Thu, 21 Nov 2013, David Thornton wrote:

> what the!!!
>
> I guess I'm in the minority to suggest to a bunch of techs to have LESS
> moving parts rather than more.

I'm very much in favour of minimising complexity.  If you can't minimise
complexity then try to move it to where it can do the least harm.

Long ago I concluded that making a system that was no more complex than it
needed to be was much harder than just making a system.  Fortunately an
80/20 or 90/10 rule generally applies - you can often get rid of 80% of
the complexity in 20% of the time.

Cheers,

Rob

--