Dinner tonight? [was Re: Notices and Upcoming Meetings]

D. Hugh Redelmeier hugh-pmF8o41NoarQT0dZR+AlfA at public.gmane.org
Tue Nov 12 16:46:13 UTC 2013

| From: Scott Sullivan <scott-lxSQFCZeNF4 at public.gmane.org>
| To: tlug-announce-lxSQFCZeNF4 at public.gmane.org
| Date: Wed, 06 Nov 2013 12:19:52 -0500
| Subject: [TLUG-ANNOUNCE]: Notices and Upcoming Meetings

| Your Dinner Plans are Your Own
| ------------------------------
|
| For a long time GTALUG has had a advertised pre-meeting meal where folks can
| be social. With the move to Ryerson there have been many differing opinions as
| what venue best serves this tradition. Ultimately, it was decided to no longer
| endorse a single venue as the preferred venue. Please chat among yourselves
| and eat where you are happiest, we'll see you all at the meeting!

I haven't noticed any discussion about this.

Thanks Scott, Collin, and others for trying to solve the
dinner-near-Ryerson problem.

I think that dinner-before-TLUG convention has been great.
I don't know how it started, but I value it.

I'd like to continue it.  I'm surprised that nobody (including me) has
brought up a stop-gap for tonight.

I suggest that for tonight we continue last month's venue.  It's too late
to figure out something new.  Quoting from a previous month:

        6:00 pm - There is a get together of GTALUGers at Spring Roll Go,
	located at 120 Church Street (just south of Richmond).
        http://goo.gl/maps/JT6Od

Who's interested?  I'd like to know whether to bother showing up so I'd
like to know who's intending to attend.

So: I'm in.  But if nobody replies, I might back out.

PS: I ate at the Salad King last night.  My throat is sore from trying to
talk over the noise.  So that remains "out" as far as I'm concerned.

PPS: anyone tried <http://www.joesbuffetpalace.com/menu.php>?