Top posting

Ivan Avery Frey ivan.avery.frey-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Wed May 29 10:41:12 UTC 2013

On 05/28/13 15:06, Giles Orr wrote:
> On 27 May 2013 15:51, Giles Orr <gilesorr-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org> wrote:
>> Found this sig while doing an unrelated web search today.  I include
>> the author's info as attribution.  Maybe GTALUG's footer should
>> include this ...
>>
>> - -
>> Larry Hall                              http://www.rfk.com
>> RFK Partners, Inc.                      (508) 893-9779 - RFK Office
>> 216 Dalton Rd.                          (508) 893-9889 - FAX
>> Holliston, MA 01746
>>
>> A: Yes.
>>> Q: Are you sure?
>
> I thought it was an amusing joke that related to the list, and didn't
> realize that it would start yet another top-post-bottom-post flame
> war.  My most sincere apologies.

Within which there was a mini flame war: HTML vs plain text.

If I read these threads in Gmail the argument becomes moot. Quoting the
conversations and one can view an entire thread simultaneously. Gmail
hides message quotes by default giving the reader the option to unhide them.

	Personally I think conversations should be online, so that they can be
revisited at any time in the future.