Top posting

William Park opengeometry-FFYn/CNdgSA at public.gmane.org
Tue May 28 19:09:40 UTC 2013

On Mon, May 27, 2013 at 04:14:38PM -0400, Kevin Cozens wrote:
> I prefer bottom posting as I can jump in to a message of a thread I
> was previously ignoring, read down it and get the gist of it. The
> one reason I heard for top posting was for people reading on small
> handheld devices (ie. phones), who didn't want to have to scroll
> through a lot of text to get to the new comment(s). Part of that
> argument goes away when people learn to properly edit messages
> before adding their comments and hitting send.

I think you hit it right on the head... that is, how many keystrokes
does it take to get to the point.  For those with big monitor, it's
bottom posting because they can most likely see the whole message in one
screen.  For those with small monitor, it's top posting because getting
to the bottom is just too much keystrokes or sliding.  For those with
medium monitor, it depends on the content.
--
William