Top posting

Lennart Sorensen lsorense-1wCw9BSqJbv44Nm34jS7GywD8/FfD2ys at public.gmane.org
Tue May 28 17:50:08 UTC 2013

On Tue, May 28, 2013 at 12:08:15PM -0400, Stewart C. Russell wrote:
> One does have to remain current with industry practice. And if the
> industry uses HTML or Rich Text mail, well…

And if industry goes and jumps of a bridge, you want me to do that too?

> (and srsly, you can't get it to pipe HTML content through 'w3m --dump'?)

I don't want to.  How am I supposed to reply to a pile of HTML in a
text editor?

If I saw something in the HTML that appeared to actually be of value,
then I would do something to make it readable.  I almost certainly
wouldn't be bothering to try to reply to it, other than with "your HTML
email isn't readable".

> It is with the professional set. You can send and receive it on Outlook,
> Blackberry, iPhone, OS X Mail (if you're a “creative”) or Android (if
> you're an engineer). That's 999‰ of the business ecosystem.

I am using mutt profesionally, as do many other people I know.

> Don't forget Postel's Law, as enshrined in RFC1122: “Be liberal in what
> you accept, and conservative in what you send”.

Which means, don't send HTML.

--
Len Sorensen