Top posting

D. Hugh Redelmeier hugh-pmF8o41NoarQT0dZR+AlfA at public.gmane.org
Tue May 28 16:03:40 UTC 2013

| From: Stewart C. Russell <scruss-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org>

| On 13-05-27 04:27 PM, Lennart Sorensen wrote:
| >
| > People that send HTML only generally haven't said anything I would care
| > to read anyhow.
|
| Our counsel - both internal, and a raft of Bay and Wellington street
| externals - use it exclusively. I doubt a judge would would take a very
| lenient view of "I don't read HTML emails".

Are these encrypted?

It surprises me that lawyers and accountants only protect mail by a
silly warning at the bottom of the message.

When you send a message, you send sideband messages too.  HTML tells
me that you aren't serious -- you are either ignorant or are marketing.

HTML has a bunch of risks that lawyers should want to avoid.  You should
consider educating your lawyers.

Now, back to the original subject.  I hate top posting AND unselective
bottom posting.  Interleaved selective commenting, with the comment
following the corresponding quotation is the only approach that is
respectful of the reader, something most important on a mailing list.  In
a legal context, perhaps top-posting, leaving the original undisturbed,
has some merit.