Top posting

Lennart Sorensen lsorense-1wCw9BSqJbv44Nm34jS7GywD8/FfD2ys at public.gmane.org
Mon May 27 20:49:12 UTC 2013

On Mon, May 27, 2013 at 04:40:25PM -0400, John Martin wrote:
> Those of us who use gmail often don't know whether we are bottom- or
> top-posting so you'll have to forgive us occasionally. And we really don't
> care much when reading threads because the client does such a lovely job of
> keeping everything in order.

Actually gmail doesn't do that good a job of thread handling.  It mostly
just piles things in a list.

And I have never had any issue knowing where I was writing my reply
in gmail.

It's a very nice webmail system, but it isn't great for mailing lists
that get technical.

> That said, we'll try to bear this in mind in our responses.
>
> You'll notice with this post I'm avoiding the issue.

Sure by assuming people remember what the discussion is about and not
including any context.

Someone that read and deleted the other messages in this thread, and
they didn't read the list for a week very well might not remember what
it was about and be confused by your message.  Maybe. :)

--
Len Sorensen