OT: Canadians asked to accept spam?!

William Muriithi william.muriithi-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Sun May 26 22:38:45 UTC 2013

> >> One such overgrown post office 'offspring' is DHL which
> >> literally a spawn of the German state mail system's privatized
> >> splinter. We
> >> all know who DHL is. Why not Canada Parcel Post? Chop some red tape and
> >> union pie and you have it.
> >
> > It's called "Purolator".  CP bought them years ago.
>

> And there was Priority Post[1] too. Still exists, apparently. I don't
> think they were ever competitive in the courier market.

I think they are competitive,  try sending similar parcel on Fedex and with
Canada post. They have better rate for same delivery times

> Didn't know Purolator had been bought by Canada Post. There's nothing
> about ownership on the Purolator "About" page[2]. And Wikipedia tells me
> that Purolator uses DHL for international shipments[3]...

Didn't know that too .. Was it recent?  And boy, its not going to end up as
DHL, Purolator sucks so bad that I can't seem to think of how they can help
Canada Post

William