BeagleBone Black - WAS: Time for Pi

Scott Sullivan scott-lxSQFCZeNF4 at public.gmane.org
Tue May 21 23:38:16 UTC 2013

On 05/21/2013 07:21 PM, William Park wrote:
> On Tue, May 21, 2013 at 12:10:45PM -0400, Giles Orr wrote:
>> The BBB runs Angstrom Linux by default.  As mine wasn't running an ssh
>> server (it's supposed to be shipped with that in place) I was
>> attempting to get one started.
>
> How I am supposed to do rsync/ssh backup to USB disk, then?  Just
> great... $60+ wasted.

Just because it ships with one linux, doesn't mean it won't run another.

A bit of googling found this pointer for debian.
https://gist.github.com/ajstarks/093581ac1fbc355f8402

Arch already has their support ready to go.
http://archlinuxarm.org/platforms/armv7/beaglebone-black

The hardware is still rather new, and many on this list are getting it
about the same time as some distro maintainers. Give it a little time
and more distro's will be avaliable.

--
Scott Sullivan