(question) Ethernet cable wiring

William Park opengeometry-FFYn/CNdgSA at public.gmane.org
Sat May 18 22:11:01 UTC 2013

Hi,

I had it with wireless speed, so I'm thinking about running wires around
outside of my house.  I have question...

    - For crossover cable, some say just cross two pairs (Green/Orange),
      but others say cross all four pairs (Green/Orange and Blue/Brown).
      Which is right?

    - Should I use T568A or T568B?  Some say T568B, but others (citing
      US Gov) say T568A.  Well, crossover cable is essentially going
      from T568A to T568B, but only for Green/Orange.  As long as the
      two ends are the same, should it matter?

    - Any recommendation for store that sells decent (in quality/price)
      ethernet cable and crimping tools and parts?  Default is Home
      Depot.
--
William