Time for Pi

Evan Leibovitch evan-ieNeDk6JonTYtjvyW6yDsg at public.gmane.org
Sat May 18 04:40:46 UTC 2013

Hi all.

OK, you've convinced me. I wanna get a Raspberry Pi. Maybe more than one.
Probably to play around with, but maybe ultimately as a home theatre client
running Rasplex.

Now ... about procurement...

The two sites that are the direct sellers -- Newark and Allied -- both
appear to make you create an account before they'll tell you shipping
costs. What are they? Is one suppier clearly better than the other? Is
there any clear advantage to multiple people pooling into one order?

(I'm looking to get a Model B)

Is the system fast enough to run KDE?

And finally ... what are people doing for cases?

Thanks!

--
Evan Leibovitch
Toronto Canada