Question about Compose key

James Knott james.knott-bJEeYj9oJeDQT0dZR+AlfA at public.gmane.org
Mon May 13 16:44:57 UTC 2013

Lennart Sorensen wrote:
> I find right alt is too useful to waste.  menu key or caps lock on the
> other hand are no problem.  Even one of the windows keys if you have them.

I knew there had to be a use for that Windows key.  ;-)

Actually, on my IBM "M" keybaord, there is (thankfully) no Windows key.
On my computer, the Pause key is used as the compose key. Since my
computer is configured for the U.S. International layout, the right Alt
(AltGr) is used for the extra characters that layout provides.  It would
be nice if those other characters were on the key tops, as I have to
refer to a layout chart for the appropriate keystrokes.