Question about Compose key

Lennart Sorensen lsorense-1wCw9BSqJbv44Nm34jS7GywD8/FfD2ys at public.gmane.org
Mon May 13 16:24:15 UTC 2013

On Sat, May 11, 2013 at 08:01:04PM -0400, Stewart C. Russell wrote:
> Quick question: do you use the Compose key on your Linux box much?

Yes.  I tend to use the 'menu' key for it, although my new laptop doesn't
have that key so I am contemplating what the best option is to replace it.

> I was pretty astounded to find out today that a group of users thought
> it was something that one should routinely disable on a new machine, and
> consequently they had no idea of its awesome multi-lingual/symbol entry
> powers.

There are systems where it is enabled and has to be disabled?  I have
always had to enable it given my install is always plain english to
begin with.

--
Len Sorensen