Question about Compose key

James Knott james.knott-bJEeYj9oJeDQT0dZR+AlfA at public.gmane.org
Sun May 12 12:23:40 UTC 2013

Sadiq Saif wrote:
> On 5/12/2013 0:15, Kevin Cozens wrote:
>> On 13-05-11 08:01 PM, Stewart C. Russell wrote:
>>> Quick question: do you use the Compose key on your Linux box much?
>> As I have no idea what a "Compose" key is on my keyboard I would have to
>> say, no, it doesn't get used (if I have one).
>>
> I believe he is talking about the AltGr key:
>
> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AltGr_key

Not quite.  The AltGr is similar in function to a shift key, for
selecting other characters on a keyboard that supports them.  For
example, I have my computers configured to use the U.S. International
layout and by using the right Alt key, I can select characters that are
not on the U.S. Standard layout.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AltGr_key#US_international