Recommended Linux Distribution for Current Mandriva 2011.0 User

Gary Walsh acitta1-YDxpq3io04c at public.gmane.org
Wed May 8 22:45:25 UTC 2013

On Tue, 2013-04-30 at 21:32 -0400, Brad Fonseca wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'm hoping the folks on this list might be able to help me with a
> suggestion. I'm looking to move to a new Linux distribution.

I was a Mandrake/Mandriva user from the beginning. When I had some
upgrade problems, I switched to Mageia. I have been very happy with it.
If you liked Mandriva then you will like Mageia. I am currently running
the development version, Cauldron. Mageia 3 will be released in a couple
of weeks.

Another distro to check out is the Ubuntu based Bodhi Linux which uses
the Enlightenment v17 desktop. I have it on a secondary machine and
quite like it. It is a distro that starts out with a minimal install and
has a web page for easy install of other important packages like
multimedia or office programs. It is well designed and I quite like it,
though configuring Enlightenment takes some learning.

--
Gary Walsh, Kitchener, ON