HispaLinux files complaint about UEFI

Lennart Sorensen lsorense-1wCw9BSqJbv44Nm34jS7GywD8/FfD2ys at public.gmane.org
Wed Mar 27 21:14:10 UTC 2013

On Wed, Mar 27, 2013 at 05:04:07PM -0400, Christopher Browne wrote:
> http://www.linuxinsider.com/rsstory/77645.html
>
> I suspect our own "POG" group might find it interesting to take a peek
> at this to see if there is any local applicability.  It's possible
> that there's nothing apropos to do in Canada, but I couldn't evaluate
> that one way or another.

Well on x86 machines, Microsoft can legitimately claim that they require
an option to turn off secureboot as part of the windows 8 certification,
but the default has to be on and with microsoft's key installed.  They
don't say how you turn it off, so on some systems it could be pretty hard,
but that's the fault of the vendor of the machine.

On the arm surface windows rt devices, Microsoft does not permit an
off option.  But no one cares, given they have no market there anyhow.

--
Len Sorensen