Phone scam affects Windows only? Canadian sense of humor...

Howard Gibson hgibson-MwcKTmeKVNQ at public.gmane.org
Sun Mar 24 14:11:57 UTC 2013

On Sat, 23 Mar 2013 10:53:12 +0000 (UTC)
Peter <plpeter2006-/E1597aS9LQAvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org> wrote:

> I just read this, it seems to be related to an older scam which was canned
> recently. It is not at all clear what these people are doing, technically. How
> would this affect a linux user?

Peter,

   If you want the bad guys to remain online, you must act frightened.  If you sound confident when you ask them which of your ports is open, they will realize you are a nasty person.

   They are offended after ten or fifteen minutes when I tell them I am running Linux.  I love it.

--
Howard Gibson
hgibson-MwcKTmeKVNQ at public.gmane.org
howard.gibson-PadmjKOQAFnQT0dZR+AlfA at public.gmane.org