Phone scam affects Windows only? Canadian sense of humor...

James Knott james.knott-bJEeYj9oJeDQT0dZR+AlfA at public.gmane.org
Sun Mar 24 00:40:25 UTC 2013

Christopher Browne wrote:
> Bell calls a few times a year to try upsell, and that is specifically
> permitted under DNCL.

Well after I switched my home phone from Bell to Rogers, I started
getting lots of calls from Bell, mostly for satellite, but also for
Internet.  My number was on the do not call list.  When they called, I
told them I was never to be contacted again.  They persisted.  I
eventually started complaining to the CRTC on every occasion.  That got
the attention of the Bell office of the president.  I made it quite
clear that every time Bell tried to contact me, I would complain to the
CRTC.  I did so, with a copy of the complaint to the office of the
president.  It didn't take long for that problem to be resolved and it's
been years since I've heard from them.