Phone scam affects Windows only? Canadian sense of humor...

Kevin Cozens kevin-4dS5u2o1hCn3fQ9qLvQP4Q at public.gmane.org
Sat Mar 23 20:19:24 UTC 2013

On 13-03-23 11:31 AM, John Myshrall wrote:
> The first time it happened I did report the number to local, provincial and
> federal fraud squads. I did get a call back from the provincial fraud squad
> and they said there was nothing they could do. The number was from a soon to
> be listed Wisconsin area code.

If you had felt like it at the time you could have contacted the US federal
authorities. I wouldn't have any fun with one of these calls as calls at my
house are screened. We let the answering machine pick up first as we get so
many calls from telemarketers. We have had up to 6 calls in a day.

--
Cheers!

Kevin.