Phone scam affects Windows only? Canadian sense of humor...

Mel Wilson mwilson-Ja3L+HSX0kI at public.gmane.org
Sat Mar 23 14:22:30 UTC 2013

On Sat, 2013-03-23 at 10:53 +0000, Peter wrote:
> I just read this, it seems to be related to an older scam which was canned
> recently. It is not at all clear what these people are doing, technically. How
> would this affect a linux user?

If it were me, I wouldn't plant a glitch which I fix for $40; I would
plant malware to recruit the victim into a botnet.  Recent posts in
Krebs on Security detail how open and commercial these operations are
getting.  Apparently (IIRC, it's not in the link I post here) you can
join a DDoS-of-the-month club for $10 a month, payable through PayPal.

http://krebsonsecurity.com/2013/03/the-obscurest-epoch-is-today/#more-19478

That would, indirectly, be the biggest effect on Linux users.

	Mel.