good deal for Nexus 7 today

D. Hugh Redelmeier hugh-pmF8o41NoarQT0dZR+AlfA at public.gmane.org
Thu Mar 14 20:49:24 UTC 2013

| From: Michael Hill <mdhillca-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org>

| GNOME doesn't work on the Nexus 7, but it boots pretty quickly. :-)
|
| Unity works and boots in a minute or two.

I don't understand what that means.  Clearly you mean at least that
GNOME Shell doesn't work on Nexus 7 under Ubuntu.  How about GNOME
applications?

I'm not sure what Unity is now.  It used to be a shell for X
applications, I think.  GTK-based, I think.  But now, with the
announcement of Mir, I think that Unity is a brand name and design and
not necessarily a particular program (I think that at least some of
it/them is/are going to be QT-based).

Could you elaborate on what works, how well, and what doesn't work and
why?

Thanks!