Ability to buy bare machines. (Was: PC with a GPL'd OS pre-installed)

Darryl Moore darryl-90a536wCiRb3fQ9qLvQP4Q at public.gmane.org
Thu Mar 14 14:25:55 UTC 2013

hi all. don't post here much, but thought i might jump in. Regarding the
windows tax. i'd agree entirely except that you the consumer never pay it.
it is payed by the crapware vendors who pay to have their software
installed as well. that is why windows machines are cheaper then bare
bones.

just buy it with windows and thank the crapware vendors for the subsidy as
you are reformatting with your favourite distro.