Need a Dual Band Wireless Router

Lennart Sorensen lsorense-1wCw9BSqJbv44Nm34jS7GywD8/FfD2ys at public.gmane.org
Thu Mar 7 21:24:19 UTC 2013

On Thu, Mar 07, 2013 at 03:55:41PM -0500, Thomas Milne wrote:
> Okay well now I've read the manual and so on. The bad news is the PS3's do
> not support wireless n/a, so only the iPad and iPod will benefit from 5ghz.
> That's cool because they were the ones mainly complaining. So what I did
> was run a cable to the one PS3 and left the other on the 2.4 connection.
>
> My logic being that the two playstations should not now ever compete with
> each other for bandwidth. Right?

I don't have a PS3, so I don't know if it has wifi or not built in.
I know the Wii does (although I don't have one of those either) and that
the xbox 360 does not have wifi built in (I do have one of those around).

Wired is always better though.

> Ya, I can't even find documentation that says what this Movie Engine
> does... :-/

It is QoS.  You can specify certain ports as high or low priority for
outbound traffic to try and make certain traffic have priority.

--
Len Sorensen