Top Post vs Bottom Post (was: Fedora-18 -- how to install?)

Lennart Sorensen lsorense-1wCw9BSqJbv44Nm34jS7GywD8/FfD2ys at public.gmane.org
Wed Mar 6 15:53:18 UTC 2013

On Wed, Mar 06, 2013 at 02:31:15AM -0500, William Park wrote:
> Yes, but only if the original email is logically structured with proper
> paragraphing, so that you can respond point by point.  But, you know,
> that's rare in real world.  What do you do if
>     - those "relevant portions" are all over the place?

If everyone did what makes sense, that wouldn't be an issue.  Almost all
emails I get are sensibly structured.  probably says something about
the type of people I mainly deal with.

Top posting is what causes most badly structured emails to begin with.
So top posting is only a solution to a problem created by top posting
in seems.

>     - if original email needs to be preserved as posted and included as
>       reference?

On a mailing list that isn't the case, so who gives a shit?

--
Len Sorensen