Top Post vs Bottom Post (was: Fedora-18 -- how to install?)

Lennart Sorensen lsorense-1wCw9BSqJbv44Nm34jS7GywD8/FfD2ys at public.gmane.org
Tue Mar 5 20:21:33 UTC 2013

On Tue, Mar 05, 2013 at 03:12:18PM -0500, Ansar Mohammed wrote:
> I can't believe that you guys are having this conversation.

I can't believe people keep top posting in HTML to a list that explicitly
says not to.

> It's not 1990. The majority of web, corporate and smartphone clients use
> top posting.

Who cares?  Just because the majority are being idiots, doesn't mean
you should follow them.

Top posting does NOT work for detailed technical discussions.  I have
asked people at work to rewrite their emails because I could not tell
what they wrote from what they replied to or what they were in fact
replying to.

If people can't write legible text (which is what email is), then I
don't need to read what they wrote.

If you insist on doing email from a device that isn't suitable for email,
that's your problem, not mine.

> Do you have any idea how frustrating it is to scroll down an entire email
> thread that gets shifted bit by bit to the right on a smart phone?

There isn't much to scroll when people trim appropriately.

--
Len Sorensen